We offer a free, one-time, no obligation, 15 minute initial consult to potential new clients. That way you can meet with one of our counselors before you commit. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation!
At Sando Wellness we believe that mental health and wellness is an important investment. We are out-of-network with insurance providers and accept private pay meaning the client is responsible for the payment at the time of the session. We accept all major credit cards as well as HSA or FSA. Many insurance policies have out-of-network benefits. We recommend calling your insurance provider and asking: “What are my out of network psychotherapy benefits?” and they can offer specifics about what your plan covers.
Here are some of the reasons Sando Wellness has decided to stay a private pay group:
• You, the client, has full control over healthcare records as we do not release any information to your insurance or anyone without your written consent
• No diagnosis is required to start or continue services with Sando Wellness as this is a requirement by insurance to determine whether or not the counseling you choose warrants being covered
• No limitations on how often or how long you receive services, you get to decide with your counselor what makes the most sense for your individual needs
• No surprise fees if insurance denies a claim, you know your exact financial responsibility upfront
• Clients can still use HSA or FSA funds to cover private pay fees for mental health services
Clients are responsible for connecting with their insurance provider for coverage questions and reimbursement if services are covered. If finances are a concern or barrier but you have found a counselor at Sando Wellness that you would like to work with please let us know, we do offer limited sliding scale fee sessions meaning we can working with you on reduced fees for sessions.
Sando Wellness & Counseling has a 24 hour cancellation policy. We maintain the right to charge your full session fee for cancellations made within the 24 hours prior to your session and/or missed sessions. Please consult with your counselor directly if you have questions.